· Duncan Hines Red Velvet Box cake
· 6 tablespoons of melted butter
· 1 cup Skim Milk
· 3 Eggs
· I cup sifted flour
· ¼ cup Confectioner’s sugar sifted
Preheat oven to 350 degrees, Combine first 4 ingredients and mix for 1 ½ minutes just like cake. Sift in flour and sugar, mix to blend.
On baking sheet with Silpat, use ½ tablespoon scoop to make mounds of batter , leaving room for spread. Should get 2 dozen on pan. Bake for 10 minutes, cooling on wire rack.
Once fully cooled, flip over and frost flat side with frosting below. Sprinkle with colored sugar if desired.
Cream Cheese Frosting
· 1 pound cream cheese at room temperature
· 3/4 pound unsalted butter at room temperature
· 1 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
· 4 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
· ¼ skim milk
Place cream cheese in a medium mixing bowl. Gradually add butter, and continue beating until smooth and well blended. Sift in confectioners' sugar, and continue beating until smooth. Add vanilla and milk, and stir to combine.